Women's March: pack with the rules in mind.
DON'T SHOW UP TO THE MARCH WITH THE WRONG STUFF.
The Women's March organizers have done an incredible job preparing for January 21st. Safety is something that they have prioritized and have established a strict list of regulations on the personal items that each marcher is permitted to have with them in the rally area and on the march route.
We encourage you to share this graphic on Facebook or to share this link so that your friends won't be stuck outside of the rally with their banned items, at the corner of Independence Avenue & Third Street.
ITEMS WE SUGGEST PACKING:
- comfortable shoes + extra socks
- thermal layers. If you're within range of a Uniqlo: heat-tech MAGIC.
- poncho (umbrella's may not be permitted)
- printed map of the area
- valid form of ID
- CASH - ATMs will be a pain to access
- sharpie to write a buddy's # on your arm
- simple first-aid kit
- handkerchief to cover your mouth in event of tear gas
- clear backpack or easy to open tote
- plenty of water
- snack bars + other convenient food items
- External battery charger for your phone
For a full list of FAQs, detailed information and updates check the official Women's March FAQ page.